Guided by our Core Values of Service, Human Dignity, Presence and Wisdom, we fulfill our Mission everyday with all those we serve: patients, visitors, employees and physicians. Commitment to our values is clearly demonstrated in our daily behaviors. Therefore we are expected to exhibit the following Values in Action.
1. We are committed to understanding and practicing St. John Health System’s Mission.
2. We ensure our actions fulfill our promise of Medical Excellence, Compassionate Care.
3. We lighten the burdens of those we serve by creating a friendly, cheerful and courteous environment.
4. We work together as a team to positively affect our patients’ care and satisfaction.
5. We greet people with a warm smile and direct eye contact lessening their anxiety, fear and feelings of powerlessness.
6. We respond quickly to people’s concerns, needs and complaints.
7. We respect and reverence all human life, guarding the dignity, equality and self-worth of those with whom we come in contact.
8. We are sensitive to the inconvenience caused by illness or hospitalization and inform patients and families of any delays.
9. We look for opportunities to express compassion to everyone we serve.
10. We keep our patients fully informed of their care and condition.
11. We include our patients in any decisions involving their care and explain what we are doing.
12. We seek out and address any special or personal needs of our patients.
13. We guard our patients’ privacy respecting their personal space and their medical information.
14. We receive every person we serve as our guest.
15. We give our undivided attention to every person with whom we interact.
16. We provide compassionate care to our patients by entering into their pain and suffering.
17. We dress and groom in a manner that reflects our important role in the healthcare environment.
18. We offer to escort our patients, families and visitors to their destinations.
19. We act ethically with compassion, integrity, honesty and confidentiality in all our dealings.
20. We use resources wisely and conservatively to enable us to continue our Mission.
21. We make safety our first consideration in all that we do.
22. We maintain uncompromising levels of cleanliness and neatness.
23. We encourage the free exchange of ideas, innovation and teamwork.